This little family lived in a house built of corn stalk and wood. On the inside it was lined with plastic and scraps of blankets, anything to keep the cold winds out. It had a dirt floor which was always damp and muddy during the rainy season. These were less than ideal conditions for them and their young daughter.
Wilson works as a bricklayer but his salary is only enough for the family to buy food and basic items, not enough to ever change how they were living or have a better life. Veronica does not have much of an education and her chances of finding any kind of work that could help the family are slim so she stays home with their daughter. As you can see from the pictures, they don’t have much let alone electricity. One night, they fell asleep with a candle lit. They woke to their daughter screaming because her blanket had caught fire. Luckily, she only suffered 1st degree burns on her fingers but Wilson’s burns were more severe and he had to go to the hospital for treatment. Thankfully, none of them were severely injured.
Now they are living in a house that is warm and dry, where the cold air and rain don’t blow in. They never imagined living in a house make of block and are truly thankful for the blessing.